The Cutera Titan®
TITAN uses light energy to heat the dermis deep beneath your skin’s surface. Without surgery, recovery time, or injections, Titan is an ideal solution for your face, abdomen, arms and more.
How does the Cutera Titan work?
Titan uses a safe infrared light to heat the dermis well below the skin’s surface. During the procedure, the skin’s surface (epidermis) is protected through continuous cooling with the Titan handpiece. Titan’s light-based platform provides a uniform distribution of energy for heating the deep dermis.
Who can be treated?
Since the Titan procedure heats tissue under the skin’s surface, patients of any skin type or age can be treated. Your practitioner can advise you if the Titan is right for you.
Before your treatment:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After your treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Redness and swelling may occur and resolve with time